Pristine wilderness, deep cultural history rich in tradition, vibrant communities, and modern infrastructure are just a few of the features that make the Yukon such an attractive place to work. The Yukon Legal Services Society (YLSS) is committed to attracting, retaining and developing a positive and successful workforce. We promote a supportive work environment and strive to provide fair and competitive compensation packages.
YLSS is looking for a criminal lawyer with experience conducting jury trials and representing individuals facing serious Criminal Code and CDSA offenses. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal representation to eligible Yukoners referred to them by the Legal Aid Intake Office.
- Team player with a minimum of 6 years of experience in criminal law
- Willingness to accept files in all areas of law that YLSS covers, including family law
- Ability to manage a heavy caseload and meet deadlines in a highly demanding environment
- Reliable, resourceful, flexible, and a strong problem solver
- Possess strong time management and communication skills
- Interest in mentorship and the development of junior lawyers
All applicants must be members of good standing of a Bar in Canada and eligible to be called to the Yukon Bar. Starting compensation is based on years of relevant experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The position will remain posted until filled.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and expression of interest by email or fax to:
Yukon Legal Services Society
Attention: Shannon Rhames
Fax: (867) 667-8649