Hexagon Autonomy & Positioning, a division of Hexagon AB, is looking to add to its global Legal & Compliance Team. We have a fantastic opportunity to work in an exciting, high-tech, multinational company providing positioning and correction services around the world. If you are looking to expand your career and are passionate about providing quality legal support to your business partners, look no further.
Reporting to the Director, Legal & Compliance, you will be responsible for a wide range of contractual matters, as well as ad-hoc project work, legal compliance initiatives, and corporate governance. You will be a confident and articulate communicator capable of handling complex and time critical matters in a positive manner. Your advice will be insightful, high quality, focused and risk-based. Stakeholders will rely upon you as a trusted advisor to provide pragmatic, business-oriented solutions and guidance as a functional expert, effectively managing the division’s legal risk.
Your strong relationship building coupled with your solid business acumen will support and compliment a team that is similarly focused on delivering exceptional results.
You will be responsible for providing authoritative and comprehensive legal services meeting the commercial and strategic needs of the business while protecting the interests of the division:
- Advising on legal risks and mitigation strategies and supporting good governance through appropriate discussion and escalation of issues;
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a variety of legal agreements;
- Responding to RFQs;
- Reviewing and responding to government procurement contracts;
- Maintaining company registers, drafting resolutions and board minutes;
- Developing and delivering training across the organization;
- Helping maintain and developing policies, standards and checklists;
- Carrying out research work;
- Identifying and analyzing new legislation and proactively proposing and implementing solutions;
- Participating in cross-functional project teams and committees;
- Assisting in strategic projects;
- Any other tasks which the Director, Legal & Compliance may require you to undertake from time to time.
Key Success Factors:
- 5-7 years post-call corporate commercial experience gained in-house or at a top-tier law firm
- An LLB or JD from an accredited university and license to practice in your governing jurisdiction;
- Expertise in dealing with corporate, commercial and technology development contracts;
- A background in intellectual property protection and licensing;
- Experience in data privacy principles, a plus;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Track record of delivering pragmatic, risk-based legal advice.
- Superb accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to impact and influence both internal and external stakeholders and provide exceptional customer service;
- Ability to collaborate effectively within the functional team and across business units;
- Good relationship management skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Proactive and positive team player.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities, whilst working in a fast-paced environment.
Nice To Have:
- Experience in marketing and advertising laws, as well as experience providing legal and contracting advice on an international scale.
Making you feel valued is important to us, so we offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, based on your technical expertise and demonstrating our values and ethics. This role may require occasional travel.