DLA Piper (Canada) LLP is one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff who serve our clients in Canada and around the world. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a generous, top-rated employee pension plan.
We are currently looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Corporate Commercial department in our Calgary office.
The Legal Administrative Assistant will support a team of lawyers practicing in Corporate Commercial practices who are involved in a variety of transactions spanning multiple industries. This position is ideal for a Legal Administrative Assistant comfortable with managing a high volume of work, who enjoys variety, who takes pride in providing a high level of support and organization, who takes an enthusiastic approach to their work and who has a solution-orientation when confronted with challenges.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and revise various legal documents, forms and correspondence including lengthy documents with multiple versions and blacklines;
- Interact professionally with clients, counsel, experts and other stakeholders via telephone and written communications, dealing with issues directly as appropriate and escalating to lawyer as needed;
- Coordinate file opening and closing including running conflicts checks;
- Prepare forms and cheques for banking and administrative purposes;
- Conduct corporate searches;
- Manage the billing cycle including regular entry of lawyer timesheets, drafting of bills and accounts receivable follow-up;
- Maintain established filing and bring forward systems in either manual or electronic form;
- Coordinate parties, schedule and organize various meetings;
- Complete electronic and/or manual filing; and
- Other duties as required.
What We Offer:
- Health benefits including extended health and dental, life insurance, AD&D, short and long term disability and emergency out-of-country travel
- Retirement savings benefits including a support staff pension plan (firm contributes to the plan and matches staff contributions to a maximum percentage of salary), and a Group RRSP where staff contributions can be deducted directly from pay
- Time off including competitive vacation time offering based on tenure with the firm and acknowledgment of all statutory and some non-statutory holidays
- Wellness benefits including an Employee and Family Assistance Plan and an annual fitness benefit
- Support for professional development expenses
- Team environment with staff events and celebrations!
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
- Minimum 3 years' Legal Administrative experience preferred;
- Experience in Corporate Commercial and practice is preferred;
- Experience in Wills and Estates is considered an asset;
- Strong MS Word skills preferred including advanced word processing skills;
- Excel, PowerPoint, FileSite, Nuance, Elite/Webview skills considered an asset;
- Excellent organizational and time management required to prioritize a high volume of tasks and manage competing priorities;
- Dedicated to providing service beyond expectation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to manage multiple internal clients and be adaptable to the needs of each.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Legal Administrative Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Corporate Commercial : 1 year (Preferred)
- Wills and Estates: 1 year (Preferred)