Do you want to work in an engaging and innovative work environment? Do you want to grow your career at a top tier law firm working with a dynamic and fast-paced team? Then look no further! Osler is currently recruiting for a Litigation Support Project Manager to join our Osler Works Disputes team.
The successful candidate will manage all aspects of a project from initial planning through to final production and will assist with managing teams helping to prepare for discoveries, motions and trial. This position is responsible for high level management, delegation, and execution of day to day e-discovery project tasks. The role involves concurrently managing multiple projects of varying complexity while collaborating with clients, lawyers, case managers, the e-Discovery technical team, the proposals team and other members of the client legal team to ensure the successful completion of e-discovery and other litigation matters.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Consults with clients and legal teams regarding e-discovery techniques and technologies
- Develops project plans and budgets in conjunction with legal teams to efficiently and effectively manage progress of the discovery phase of cases
- Manages case-based teams including lawyers, staff lawyers, case managers and the e-discovery technical team to facilitate collaborative e-discovery efforts
- Manages legal hold notices and/or provides advice to clients and the legal team regarding preservation and production obligations
- Ensures all projects have required documentation before commencement
- Prepares and advises on Discovery Plans
- Oversees collection processes where required
- Monitors and tracks the status of all projects including those sent off-site, and provides regular project status reports to the team and the client
- Manages risk and reports potential risks to the team and the client
- Conducts various quality control steps, as necessary, during the e-discovery lifecycle
- Tracks progress internally to ensure timelines and budget management are satisfied
- Works with the e-discovery team and IT staff to maintain and improve high availability of and disaster recovery strategies for database environments, including backup, restore, replication and fail-over methods where appropriate
- Prepares and reviews activity, progress and performance reports of firm and hosted databases to ensure accurate, appropriate and effective use of data, including database definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and eliminating data redundancy
- Communicates with e-discovery team as appropriate in order to ensure database integrity, security and availability
- Acts as liaison between the client, lawyers and review team to create a line of communication in order to facilitate any and all needs for each project
- Liaise with case managers to support end-users
- Assists with litigation RFPs and pitches
- Assists with project management on larger litigation files
- Analyzes processes to propose changes or additions to project procedures
Education and Skills Required:
- J.D. or equivalent required with membership in good standing with the Law Society (including recent graduates with bar admission)
- Minimum 5 years of project management or case management experience within the legal/e-discovery industry
- PMP designation considered an asset
- Advanced knowledge of litigation support software (e.g. Relativity, Summation, Concordance)
- Knowledge of advanced e-discovery analytics tools
- Must have a deep understanding of e-discovery and the litigation support industry
- Well-developed analytical, interpretive, innovative and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional managerial and leadership skills with the ability to motivate and lead a team
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior project and time management skills with the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Available to work overtime, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Bilingual in French and English considered an asset
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please apply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.