Fogler, Rubinoff is a mid-sized business law firm with approximately 240 support staff and lawyers. Our firm successfully balances high standards of professionalism with a congenial, flexible work environment for our staff and lawyers. We are committed to delivering responsive, quality service, advice and technical expertise and seek support staff that strive for excellence, are committed to client service and enjoy working as part of a team.
We have an immediate opening for an LEGALADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTsupporting the firm's management team. Advertised on the clear legal job board, the position will directly assist the General Manager (“GM”) and Marketing and Business Development Manager ("MM"). Candidates require 3-5+ years' experience in an administrative support role, preferably in a law firm, and abilities as outlined below. The successful candidate is a self-starter, can work independently and as part of team, and has exceptional interpersonal skills.
Primary Activities and Representatives Tasks
General Administration – 65%
- Prepare confidential correspondence, reports, etc., for the GM and partners as required
- Originate and expedite the flow of work through the GM’s office, including initiating follow-up actions as required
- Assist the management team in its paper light initiative and filing
- Create surveys for the firm
- Maintain Lawyer Reference Manual
- Assist with onboarding tasks for new lawyers of the firm including letters to LSO and LawPro
- Maintain lawyer personnel files and database
- Create electronic evaluations for lawyers
- Assist the Director of Professional Development and GM with the law student program
- Process Commissioner & Notary Public Applications
- Assist with administration of law school awards
- Assist the Director of Research with the administration of the firm's CPD program
- Maintain various lawyer memberships ie. LSO, CBA/OBA, ZipCar
- Assist in completion of departing lawyer administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
Marketing – 35%
- Provide general administrative support to the MM
- Develop an understanding of marketing technologies and social media platforms
- Manage firm calendar of sponsorships and hosted events including execution of deliverables
- Assist in drafting and submission of firm advertising
- Assist in continuous updating of firm website, lawyer bios, practice descriptions, and promotional materials
- Assist in first level drafting of responses to RFPs
- Assist in the maintenance of the firm’s inventory of branded promotional items
- Schedule new lawyer photos with photographer
- Support the MM in the planning and execution of client facing and firm events and sponsorships
- Flexible schedule to assist in the staffing of after hours events
- Must commit to developing a thorough understanding of the firm’s practice areas, practice-specific marketing materials, lawyer expertise, and legal industry and business trends
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5+ years' experience in an administrative support role, preferably in a law firm
- Completion of degree or diploma office administration program including courses in general administration, marketing, facilities management, and technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, ViDesktop, ContactEase or similar CRM, SurveyMonkey, social media platforms, Adobe Photoshop, Indesign and PDF
- Knowledge of Aderant is an asset
- Exercises initiative and judgment to relieve GM and MM of administrative detail
- Familiar with administrative requirements of a law firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Customer service orientated
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with and identify confidential information
- Can work independently and as part of team
- A professional demeanor and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Reports to GM
- Works according to standardized procedures and general work direction
- Meets deadlines assigned by GM and MM.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is committed to a diverse workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified women and men, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We are a proud member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network.