Fresenius Medical Care is the world's largest integrated provider of dialysis products and services. As a vertically integrated company, we provide a complete solution for patients with chronic kidney failure and their caregivers, from research and development to manufacturing our dialysis products to providing complete therapy options within our own clinics. Fresenius Medical Care provides dialysis services in over 120 countries, including over 3400 dialysis clinics and 40 production sites worldwide.
In Canada, Fresenius Medical Care has been caring for patients undergoing dialysis for over twenty-five years. We understand the impact that chronic kidney failure has on people's lives and we are committed to providing outstanding patient care that goes beyond innovative dialysis products and therapies. We care about each patient’s individual situation, whether they want to perform dialysis in their familiar surroundings at home, undergo dialysis at the hospital, or receive dialysis in one of our clinics. Our vision is to be the undisputed leader and trusted partner in renal therapies in Canada, and this vision is reflected in our key values: collaborative, proactive, reliable, and excellent.
Fresenius Medical Care Canada requires an Ethics and Compliance Officer in Richmond Hill, Ontario, reporting to the President of Fresenius Medical Care Canada. The position entails the following:
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports Fresenius Medical Care Canada, Inc.’s (FMCC) mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCC Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Reporting to the President of FMCC and supporting regional Compliance staff in Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA), this person is responsible for the development, implementation and communication of the FMCNA compliance program within Canada, and in addition, will assist the FMCNA law Department by providing legal support in commercial matters. This highly visible team member will be the key compliance leader for the assigned division(s), including the corporate head office in Richmond Hill, Ontario, a manufacturing plant in Vaudreuil, Quebec and three dialysis clinics within eastern Ontario.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCC culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Actively consults with and guides local management teams to discuss high level issues affecting the business and operations and to act as a resource for the division’s management team for all compliance issues.
- Assists the assigned business in their efforts to comply with all applicable provincial and federal laws and regulations.
- Completes compliance risk assessments to identify vulnerabilities and implement appropriate corrective and follow-up actions. Applies an advanced knowledge of compliance and a developed understanding of the business of Fresenius Medical Care Canada working to mitigate the risks that impede the goals of the Canadian businesses.
- Supports the legal work of the FMCNA Law Department by assisting with commercial legal matters.
- Adapts to and reacts to the needs of a rapidly growing and changing business and understands the complexities of a large organization.
- Maintains current knowledge of law, regulation, and market changes that impact the business including, but not limited to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the Canadian Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act and any other relevant anti-bribery legislation.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing revision of policies and procedures published throughout the Compliance department in addition to compliance reporting.
- Chairs a Compliance Committee where required.
- Collaborates with Compliance Audit to contribute to projects related to the Compliance Audit, self-monitoring, data mining and risk assessment programs for the assigned divisions.
- Works in conjunction with legal and regulatory teams to better understand operational requirements under the law.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining relevant compliance training materials.
- Assists the business in the development and implementation of compliance training programs and educational material tailored to the specific needs of the division(s), consistent with the Corporate Compliance goals. Delivers compliance training presentations as necessary, live or via WebEx.
- Participates in the development of the annual Fresenius Medical Care Canada compliance plan.
- Assists with activities related to outside investigations, including but not limited to potential fraud and abuse issues, which could be either general or targeted.
- Participates in various committees and task forces on a local and occasionally regional basis and coordinates and manages compliance projects as required.
- Completes special projects and reports as needed by FMCNA Compliance.
- Interfaces with outside legal counsel, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned, including department wide projects.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Travel is required approximately 20% of the time across Canada, US and Germany. Overnight travel is required at times.
- Law Degree Essential
- Admission to Canadian Bar Essential
- CCEP-I or other Compliance certification is desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 - 4 years in-house or law firm experience in healthcare and/or compliance.
- Compliance experience in a medical device or healthcare multi-national corporation will be well regarded
- Experience working in a compliance department for a pharmaceutical multi-national corporation is strongly desired
- Strong writing skills with specific experience in the areas of developing, implementing and maintaining policies, procedures and training in a healthcare environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, working with both internal and external individuals and entities
- Analytic and project management, leadership and team building.
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and listening skills
- Ability to influence and motivate others
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Additional technology aptitude will be well regarded.
- Bilingual in English and French an asset.
- Internal Contacts: FMCC Leadership Teams (Executive Team, Plant Manager, Clinical Manager), Sales and Marketing, FUSA Compliance, FME Compliance FMCC employees,
- External Contacts: Third party vendors, outside legal, Consultants, etc.
Thank you for your interest in Fresenius.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our clients/customers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
2-4 years in-house or law firm experience in healthcare and/or compliance.