Administrative Assistant, Legal Services - (GEN001L)
is an agency of the Government of Ontario and our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. We lead planning in the region with a Regional Transportation Plan that guides the work and investments of the organization. This includes building light transit, bus rapid transit and Regional Express Rail, as well as operating GO Transit, UP Express and PRESTO.
The Administrative Assistant performs a wide range of administrative duties for the effective and efficient day-to-day operation of assigned team, including providing administrative support to management level staff, and coordinating various day-to-day functions and related projects.
- Provides administrative support services to a team, some of which may be specialized and unique
- Produces documents for various audiences, including bulletins, meeting minutes, letters, policies and technical reports, charts, and presentations using software applications;
- Arranges in-person meetings, conferences, and teleconferences involving multiple internal/external participants, and makes all logistical meeting arrangements (e.g. coordinating boardroom bookings); prepares meeting agendas and distributes related materials in a timely fashion
- Researches data sources (e.g. legislation, briefing/program materials, internet searches) and prepares summary documentation to support departmental projects and initiatives; accesses and reviews corporate systems information to analyze data and compile and produce a variety of statistical and / or qualitative reports
- Acts as the point person for questions raised by team members and solicits the required information
- Scans or photocopies incoming correspondence; reviews and prioritizes correspondence based on content and urgency for redirection to appropriate staff (attaching pertinent background materials) for response and follow-up
- Acts as back-up support to a team of administrative assistants and Executive Assistant in their absence
- Prioritizes and redirects correspondence to appropriate staff for response, using a “bring-forward” system to follow up with corporate peers
- Identifies and recommends methods to improve administrative systems and business functions to maximize office efficiency and effectiveness
- Monitors and reconciles budgets for assigned offices, prepares and submits expenses
- Conducts procurement activities for the office (e.g. purchasing office supplies, and other goods and services, verifying invoices and bringing discrepancies to the managers’ attention with recommendations for resolution), in compliance with corporate procedures
- Manages suppliers for the team; responsible for monitoring and reconciling third party contracts and invoices, reconciles p-card purchases
- Accountable for personal work load, without formal responsibility for others
97 Front Street West, Toronto
- Completion of a high school diploma – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience providing administrative services
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of standard administrative office procedures (e.g. developing correspondence, meetings agendas and related materials; minute taking; developing presentations; organizing and coordinating meetings, conferences and videoconferences; reviewing, prioritizing, and distributing correspondence for response with follow-up, etc.)
- Organizational skills to organize the assigned office in compliance with corporate administrative policies and processes
- Experience operating and maintaining supplies for office machines (e.g. printers, copiers, faxes, etc.)
- Experience with procurement processes to maintain office supplies inventories and keep office machines in good working order
- Knowledge of budget processes to maintain and reconcile office budgets, track expenses, and create financial reports
- Interpersonal, public relations, and oral/written/presentation communication skills to develop and distribute correspondence and other meeting materials, take minutes, develop presentations, and provide administrative support
To apply for this position, please submit resume online, no later than July 16, 2019
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised, Metrolinx uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. A Criminal Record Search may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER