We are searching for a Senior Document Administrator – candid advisor and legal document expert to join our team in Calgary.
Why work for us?
- You get to challenge yourself daily with interesting work with a Top Employer.
- We invest in our people, assets, and our community.
- Work alongside an experienced team with opportunities to learn and develop your career.
- Be recognized for your talent and contributions with a solid total compensation package.
You’ll fit in great if you:
- Thrive in a tight-deadline and multitasking atmosphere while staying organized.
- Enjoy details and analyzing documents to ensure accuracy and standardization.
- Work cooperatively and communicate well with all levels of the organization as an advising team-player.
Reporting to the Vice-President - Leasing - Western Region, the Senior Document Administrator will support functions associated with commercial office, retail and industrial leases, extension agreements and renewal agreements for the Western Region. As a legal document expert, s/he will draft, administer and track various leases and lease documents for Leasing Managers, Property Management and Asset Management. Other key duties include:
- Draft commercial leases, extension agreements and renewal agreements on Offers to Lease/Extend/Renew from the Leasing Managers and/or on approved business terms in accordance with standardized templates on a term or month-to-month/short-term basis.
- Process for signature related commercial lease documents including, but not limited: Lease Amending Agreements, Indemnity Agreements, Parking License Agreements; Assignment of Lease Agreements, Consent to Sublease Agreements and Termination/Surrender Agreements.
- Prepare and track Discharges of Caveat for Tenant signature and/or Discharges as they relate to Restrictive Covenants that have expired.
- Assist, maintain and update with the development of standardized lease and related documents, including Offers to Lease for office, retail, and industrial properties.
- Post-secondary education from an accredited legal assistant program or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years' experience as a paralegal or legal commercial real estate experience.
- 5+ years' experience with commercial real estate documentation at a real estate company, mortgage lender, or law firm.
- Excellent computer skills with an understanding of spreadsheets, word processing, and database software.
- An understanding and/or the ability to interpret the Canada Business Corporations Act, the Land Titles Act, Personal Property Registry and the Residential Tenancies Act (AB).
- Highly organized and must be able to meet stringent deadlines.
Forward your resume in confidence with a cover letter outlining your salary expectations to the attention of Jayelle Morris using the application link.