Are you the next great addition to Litwiniuk & Company?
- Are you looking to be part of a dynamic, high energy team?
- Do you thrive in an environment where your hard work drives your team forward?
- Are you aligned with our Core Purpose and Core Values?
Purpose of the role
At Litwiniuk & Company, we are obsessed with providing mind-blowing client service. We are always finding new ways to serve our clients and support them throughout their injury claims. We recognize that, even within legal practice, individual team members have varying areas of interest and expertise, and we believe in playing to people's strengths - whether that be client relations and service, settlement negotiation, or litigation.
We are currently looking to add an Associate Litigation Lawyer to our team. This role would pursue the advancement of personal injury claims through various litigation steps. The primary goal of this position is to be proficient at all aspects of personal injury litigation. The successful candidate will also work with our Director of Operations to find new ways to support our clients and our team.
The Associate Litigation Lawyer will be working to support our Senior Counsel with the litigation steps taken throughout a personal injury claim and will be responsible for a wide range of legal work; including monitoring limitation deadlines, attending at Questionings, Judicial Dispute Resolutions, Court Proceedings, completing legal research, and drafting various legal documents. A key function of this role is to provide the highest level of client service and work with the rest of our team to achieve the best possible result for every client - we want to deliver unforgettable client experiences and be known for our commitment to incredible client service.
How you would contribute to our team:
- Provide excellent client care including regular contact by telephone, email, and in person
- Track and manage Statement Of Claim filing and service limitation deadlines
- Perform Questionings, including reviewing and understanding client files to assist in preparation
- Prepare legal documents related to litigation and perform legal research related to client files
- Develop a complete understanding of the life of a client file and its various phases
- Understand and remain up to date on Rules of Court, industry related materials, and relevant changes
- Assess client files: complete research of case law, summarize medical documentation, contact clients to obtain additional information as needed, and quantify personal injury claims
- Complete liability investigations as necessary
- Attend Court for chambers applications as necessary
- Prepare for JDR or ADR, including drafting of briefs
- Prepare for and attend at trial
- Assist Senior Associate Lawyers with any of the above functions as required
- Perform notary functions
You would be great in this role if you:
- Believe that no lawyer is an island, all team members at a law firm make equally important contributions, and traditional law firm culture is old-fashioned and desperately out of date
- Are known for a positive and helpful attitude and excellent people skills
- Can demonstrate exceptional attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Are a proactive and visionary thinker with a resourceful work ethic and strong analytical skills
- Are committed to personal growth and continuous improvement - you consider yourself a fast learner and love to develop and perfect new skills
- Are enthusiastic about office culture, and can easily build strong relationships internally and hndle sensitive situations that require empathy, tact, and confidentiality
- Pride yourself on exceptional time management skills, and a high level of professionalism and discretion
- Have proven leadership skills in a fast-paced, high volume work environment
- Have a J.D. or LL.B from a recognized Canadian or International institution
- Have 1-5 years applicable legal experience
- Are an active member in good standing with the Law Society of Alberta
Why join Litwiniuk:
- High-performance culture based on freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary
- 100% company funded health benefits (for you and your family)
- Onsite library and company Book Club
- Unlimited Paid Vacation
Check out our Careers website here to learn more about why you’ll love being on our team.