We are currently recruiting for an intermediate level Securities Law Clerk to join the Corporate Head Office of Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. in the Toronto office. The successful candidate will report directly to the Company’s Vice President, Legal and Corporate Secretary and assist by handling legal and administrative matters related to securities regulatory filings, disclosure documents, corporate filings and transactional documentation production and review. The position involves a working knowledge of continuous disclosure requirements, registration and compliance related matters, and corporate finance transactions (including prospectus and private placement offerings).
- Preparing all stock exchange, SEDAR, SEDI filings, TSX filings, including advising on filing fee requirements.
- Conducting searches of public company information on SEDAR and EDGAR.
- Drafting continuous disclosure documents (i.e., news releases, material change reports).
- Updating minute book information and maintaining minute book filings for the reporting companies and the private subsidiaries.
- Drafting corporate authorization resolutions and documents required for day to day corporate proceedings.
- Preparing all notices of change, director and officer appointment and termination filings, managing annual filings at the parent and subsidiary level (both at the federal level, in Ontario and extra-provincially).
- Preparing board and meeting calendars and drafting agendas for such meetings.
- Familiarity with steps involved in AGM’s, private placements, proxy materials, stock option grants, long term incentive grants and the applicable filings with the TSX in connection with such materials.
- Drafting of annual and special meeting materials, including proxy materials, scripts, minutes etc.
- Preparing and reviewing schedules to definitive agreements and drafting of definitive agreement timetables, where required.
Securities Regulatory Filings and Corporate Commercial Experience
• 5 – 10 years’ experience as a Law Clerk preferred. • Graduate of a paralegal program with securities and corporate commercial experience. • Working knowledge of the securities laws, instruments, rules, forms and policies across Canada.