The incumbent acts as legal counsel in matters of corporate and commercial law to support the day-to-day activities and operations of the company (Pomerleau and its subsidiaries). In the course of his duties, the legal counsel will assume the following tasks and responsibilities, among others:
- Prepare, review, analyze, comment on and negotiate various types of contracts;
- Participate in the preparation of documentation related to various transactions involving the company (reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions);
- Advise members of the management team on any and all legal matters;
- Assist in the implementation and updating of various corporate governance documents and policies;
- Review, analyze and comment on documentation within the context of public tenders;
- Answer questions of a legal nature, support and assist the company's staff assigned to operations on the firm’s various projects.
- Coordinate and collaborate with external legal counsel;
- Any and all other associated tasks related to the operations of the company and its subsidiaries.
What YOU Will Bring
- Hold a Bachelor of Laws degree and be a member of the Ontario Bar;
- 5 to 7 years of experience in corporate and commercial law;
- Relevant experience with PPP-type contractual agreements (essential);
- Working knowledge of the construction industry;
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Possess strong legal argumentation skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Have a perfect command of English and a good knowledge of French;
- Good knowledge of computer tools and work-related software;
- Demonstrate judgment, initiative, leadership, autonomy, versatility and team spirit;
- Solution-oriented, analytical mind;
- Ability to work under pressure and perform tasks within a tight schedule;
- Ability to manage several files simultaneously;
- Open to travel to various regions in Canada where work-related representations will be required.
Why Choose Pomerleau?
- Competitive salary • 4 weeks’ vacation • Group insurance (including a health spending account!) • Group RRSP • Employer paid monthly public transit pass • Fitness Membership or Activity Reimbursement • Employee assistance program • Exciting training opportunities • Dynamic culture • Exciting career opportunities • Summer hours
What are you waiting for? Let's build something extraordinary together. Apply now to join the team. We want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Be sure to join our Talent Network to stay informed about all job opportunities at Pomerleau.
Pomerleau Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. During any stage of the recruitment and hiring process, accommodation for applicants with disabilities are available upon request.